In a nutshell
- The company has been around since 2008, so has had plenty of time to refine their search algorithms
- DuckDuckGo does not track you
- They don’t collect any personal information
- Because of the above, they have nothing to share with third parties even if they wanted to
- It sports a similar minimalist design to Google’s, and is equally easy to use
Don’t get me wrong, I think Google is great – it’s fast, efficient and by and large gives you just what you were looking for. But for the privacy-minded who prefer not to be tracked or have their search history saved, DuckDuckGo is a fantastic alternative.