There are now several browser plug-ins that will sync your bookmarks across each of your devices. A plug-in is something you add to your Internet browser that either runs in the background, or has an icon that sits under your search bar that you hit when you want to use it. One such plug-in is called XMarks and is available for free for Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer.
Bookmark sync with XMarks
This browser add-on and associated bookmarking technique has many benefits:
- All your bookmarks are kept in sync across different computers and devices
- Keeps your bookmarks safe and accessible online in case your computer crashes, you never lose your bookmarks
- You can organize your bookmarks in folders
- You can restore lost bookmarks
- You can set up multiple profiles so you can save bookmarks in various ways or for multiple people
- It works seamlessly without you having to think about it
- Usually there is a smartphone app you can use to access the bookmarks
This bookmarking technique is great. It lets your bookmarks evolve with your changing interest and changing sites, while allowing you to keep them all organized and accessible anywhere.